Thank you for your interest in interning with our organization! Please read the following information and instructions thoroughly. We can’t wait to hear from you!
· Solutions of North Texas is a 501(c)3 nonprofit located in Denton, TX. We specialize in substance abuse treatment for individuals who are looking to live a different life. We are now offering a part-time, unpaid internship in the Giving Department. The intern who fills this position should expect to learn every facet of fundraising from top to bottom, including grant writing, event planning, social media engagement, and donor relations. This internship will increase the intern’s efficacy in the world of nonprofit fundraising.
· It is essential that applicants to this position have strong communication skills, demonstrate creativity, give attention to detail, and most importantly: know how to have fun!
· Intern will work Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 12 pm (17.5 hours per week)
· Monitor social media accounts and assist in posting content
· Assist with mailings and print production
· Perform grant research and compile applicable data
· Assist with event planning and scheduling vendors
· Creating donor and sponsor outreach materials
· Coordinate with donors and volunteers to accomplish projects
· Create, update, and maintain databases
· Create, update, and maintain fundraising processes
· Attend organization events and partner organization events
· Perform tasks associated with community outreach and public awareness
· Create, update, and maintain fundraising campaigns
· Strong verbal and communication skills
· Solid understanding of social media
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
· Solid understanding of research tactics
· Organization skills
· Writing skills
· 12-step knowledge preferred but not required
· Practical fundraising experience working directly with fundraisers, donors, and sponsors
· Practical grant writing experience
· Practical event planning experience
· Work closely with all nonprofit staff in various collaborative projects
· Networking opportunities
How to Apply
· Visit https://sontx.org to learn more about our organization.
· Submit a letter detailing why you feel you’re the perfect candidate for this position and your resume. Please make sure your letter is no longer than 1 full page.
· All submissions need to be emailed to Casey Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org.