Founder & Executive Director
Scott Wisenbaker is a speaker, author, and Founding Executive Director of Solutions of North Texas. Sober since 1995, Scott has worked in the addiction field since 1997. In 2006, he saw the need for a unique approach to fighting addiction on a community level and a robust re-entry program to integrate men and women recovering from addiction back into the community. Therefore, he founded Solutions of North Texas.
Scott had a simple idea for Solutions at inception: keep 10 men out of the ground, so Solutions began with men’s residential transitional services. Since 2006, Solutions has expanded to include 32 residential beds for men, 32 residential beds for women, 2 return to monitor beds for single mother having their children returned after participating in Family Drug Court, outpatient services (Intensive and Supportive Outpatient Programs, individual counseling, evaluations, and family counseling), court services including evaluations, and various ancillary services.
Additionally, Solutions has gained accreditation by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and has obtained licensing as a Chemical Dependency Treatment Center by the State of Texas. As of 2022, Solutions has provided direction and/or directly worked with over 18,000 individuals.
Scott has integrated himself into the very fabric of Denton County and now prioritizes educating the public on how to address addiction. In 2017, Scott expanded his reach to the family members by releasing his book, How to Get Your Kid Off Drugs. He currently serves on three Denton County Specialty Drug Courts and provides addiction and recovery training to the legal community. He has developed critical collaborations with hospitals, treatment centers, and the criminal justice community on a city, county, state, and federal level.
In 2023, Scott partnered with I.G.N.I.T.E. through the National Sheriff’s Association to release The Solution across the nation.
Since 1997, Scott has made it his life’s mission to help as many individuals who struggle with addiction as possible. His work has changed over 18,000 lives, reduced recidivism, contributed to the workforce, and altered the way addiction is viewed and treated in North Texas.
- R.E.B.L.E. Detecting Deception Training – The Congruency Group – February 2018
- Mental Health Officer Training – Denton County Sheriff’s Dept – December 2016
- Breakthrough Intervention training – The Brad Lamm Group – April 2013
- Texas Association of Addiction Professionals (TAAP)
- Texas Association of Specialty Courts
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- National Sheriff’s Association
- Texas Sheriff’s Association
Relevant Service Positions:
- Denton 100 Club President
- Dallas TAAP Board Member (2010-2022)
- Denton County Drug Court Team Member & Treatment Provider
- Denton County Family Drug Court Team Member & Treatment Provider
- National Sheriff’s Association Addiction Recovery & Reintegration Partner/Provider